ISO 14001 Certification in Hyderabad
ISO 14001 An environmental management system aids organizations in identifying the, manage, monitor and regulate their environmental problems in an “holistic” approach. It is required that organizations consider the environmental aspects that affect its operations as well as its resource use and efficiency. This is a requirement to continually improve the company’s procedures and approach to environmental issues.
Helping you safeguard the environment, fulfill your legal obligations, and build your image.
ISO 14001 establishes the minimum standards in Environmental Management Systems.
If you’re looking to cut costs associated with disposal and show your commitment to protecting the environment it is essential to obtain ISO 14001 certification. When you adopt this international standard, your business can also be in compliance with ever-more rigorous rules and laws pertaining to the environment and also build trust among clients as well as other parties.
Our experienced consultants will give you the information and advice you require to create a set of policies that are compliant for your company.
Request This Service
Call (98484) 11518
WHAT IS ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is the International Standard for Environmental Management Systems (EMS). It was created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) to aid companies and other organizations minimize their environmental impact.
Any business of any size, and in any industry can adopt any of the ISO 14001 framework and apply for the certification of their environmental management system. This means that ISO 14001 one of the most popular standards around the world.
This standard lets businesses establish an EMS system which can assist them in reducing waste, increase resource efficiency and reduce waste management costs.
THE BENEFITS OF ISO 14001
Companies are under increasing demands from customers, regulators and government officials to minimize their impact on the environment. Acquiring ISO 14001 certification is the easiest way to prove your company’s commitment to this objective. Alongside aiding you in meeting your current legal obligations Our ISO 14001 consultants can help your company plan for any changes in environmental laws help reduce costs, and enhance its environmental standing.
Implementing a strong system for managing the environment to simplify processes can help you distinguish itself from other companies and lead to more sales. Furthermore, they will assist your company in saving money by reducing energy use, waste and water use.
Here are the top benefits of using the ISO 14001 framework:
- Recognize cost savings, specifically in waste, resource and energy management
- Enhance efficiency and minimize the environmental impact of your product throughout its lifecycle
- Enhance your image as a company and credibility, thereby helping you to win new customers.
- Monitor, quantify and manage the environmental impact that is ongoing from your activities
- Make sure that your business is aware of and adheres to environmental regulations, thus you can reduce the risk of being fined and criminal prosecutions
THE REQUIREMENTS OF ISO 14001
ISO 14001 standard ISO 14001 standard uses a arrangement of ten clauses known as Annex SL, which, when combined, cover four areas of focus:
- Impact on the environment The processes your company must follow to ensure successfully Environmental Management System and reduce the environmental impact. In contrast to the different sections of the system, every area are applicable to your business.
- Management Responsibilities These are the areas in which your management team needs to be focused on, get responsible and involved to
- Resources Management What resources like infrastructure, people and facilities are allocated in order to guarantee the highest possible performance
- Measurement Analyzing and Improvement The last provisions of the ISO 14001 standard cover how you can assess whether the Management System is functioning as you would expect and facilitating continuous improvement of your Management System
What is ISO 14001:2015?
ISO 14001:2015 is the most recent revision of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard, replacing ISO 14001:2004 as of September 2018.
The 2015 version of the ISO 14001 standard aims to bring a number of benefits that the 2004 version of the standard either briefly touched on or did not previously offer:
- It has more focus on risk-based thinking
- It follows the same structure as other ISO management system standards, making system integration much easier
- It addresses supply chain management more effectively
- It now puts more emphasis on leadership engagement
- It helps address risks/opportunities in a more structured manner within Organisations
- It now uses a simpler language, with common structure and terms
- It’s been adapted to be more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organisations
What is the main aim of ISO 14001?
The main aim of ISO 14001 is to help you control your organisation’s environmental impact. It does this by implementing a framework of processes that help you to identify, assess, manage and monitor your business’ operations. By following these processes, you can work towards reducing waste, improving resource efficiency and lowering costs.
How long will it take to get ISO 14001?
From your first consultation with our ISO specialists through to certification, can take as little as 45 days. However, this depends on the size and complexity of your business.
We can normally save you time and effort by drafting your environmental management system manual for you. We have also found that this helps our clients achieve certification faster.
How long does ISO 14001 certification last?
In accordance with ISO 17021, accredited certification bodies are required to issue certified organisations with certificates that are reflective of a 3-year certification cycle.
Certifications can be issued for longer than this period providing the requisite external audits are performed and the certification cycle followed. QMS typically issues certificates over the period of a ten year contract.
What are the benefits of ISO 14001?
The ISO 14001 standard will show your organisation how to minimise its environmental impact. In doing so, ISO 14001 can improve your efficiency, reduce operational costs and help you win new business. Implementing the ISO 14001 guidance in full, can also ensure your business complies with environmental laws and regulations in the UK and EU.
Any business of any size and in any sector (whether offering products or services), can apply for ISO 14001 certification. This makes it one of the most popular ISO standards in the world, after ISO 9001. As such, businesses and governments see it as a credible way for organisations to demonstrate their commitment to improving environmental performance.
What is an environmental management system?
An environmental management system (EMS) helps you manage your resources more efficiently. The ISO 14001 standard is a generic EMS, which means any organisation, of any size and in any sector can use it. This includes manufacturing and services firms, whether operating in the public or private sectors.
The standard gives you the tools to reduce the environmental impact of your processes, both internal and across your supply chain. It will help you cut the costs of resource, energy and waste management. It will also ensure you comply with environmental legislation while publicly demonstrating your commitment to protecting the environment.
What are the objectives of ISO 14001?
The ISO 14001 environmental management system has two primary goals:
- Compliance with laws and regulations: by reaching and maintaining basic legal standards, companies can avoid fines, government intervention and sanctions against their business.
- Reduce environmental impact: the ISO 14001 EMS can help you develop, implement, and manage your environmental policies. For instance, it can help you plan for all phases of waste reduction from product design to end-of-life recycling.
What is ISO 14001:2004?
The 2004 version of ISO 14001 came with a focus on proactive initiatives for environmental protection, and life-cycle thinking which would consider environmental implications at each stage of a service or product.
ISO 14001:2004 has since been revised and replaced by ISO 14001:2015.
Contact us for ISO 14001 Certification in Hyderabad